About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

How would Emily Dickinson fare with online dating?


Erin Bealmear didn't want to be "the kind of woman who spends all her time talking about boys." She started humorously answering questions on the OK Cupid dating site, imagining how Emily Dickinson would answer them. For an extra layer of authenticity, she included specific details from the 19th-century American poet's life:

What I’m doing with my life
Being a hermit. Overusing the dash. 
I’m really good at
Breaking rules, specifically capitalization and punctuation. 
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Movies: What is a movie?
Books: Wordsworth, Browning, Keats, Emerson, Shakespeare (i.e. dead people)
Music: Yes, I do enjoy playing the piano on occasion. Thank you for asking.
Food: Baked goods, especially my famous gingerbread. I love making it for the neighborhood children, but I can’t leave the house. Instead, I stand at the window and lower it down to them in a basket. It’s so much easier that way.

Via

No comments: