About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Russia's Most Expensive Library

The Book Capella in St. Petersburg is Russia's most expensive library. Owned by publishing house Alfaret it is a beautiful gothic-style space.



Project coordinator Irina Khoteshova says that the library contains over 5,000 rare books dating from between the 16th and the 19th centuries, all of them published by Alfaret. The average price per book stands at between 30,000 and 50,000 rubles ($500 to $840 at the current exchange rates), but some editions are much more expensive.


As distinct from all Russian public libraries, which are free to enter, the Book Capella charges 7,000 rubles ($117) for a four-hour visit. Visitors can also buy a two-hour gift certificate for 4,000 rubles ($67).

More here

Thanks Bruce!

No comments: