About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Future Library

Scottish artist Katie Paterson has launched a 100-year artwork named Future Library for the city of Oslo in Norway. A forest has been planted which will supply paper for a special anthology of books to be printed in one hundred years time. One writer a year will contribute a work to the project. Margaret Atwood and David Mitchell are the first two authors to contribute to the project. The writings will be held in trust, unpublished, until 2114. Atwood has signed 50 dedicated and numbered e-covers of her contribution “Scribbler Moon,” which will not be read for 100 years.

Future Library from Katie Paterson on Vimeo.

Link
Thanks Bruce!

No comments: